Tuesday 29 September 2009

Comm Tech - Outcome Ideas

Exploration of traditional printing, with all the final images compiled in a handmade book. Very visual, the sort that makes you want to stroke the pages.

Every printed image in the traditional book will either be scanned or photographed and then composed in exactly the same way only in a digitally printed one. Cover fabrics the same; page orders the same; everything the same - except I'll either commission it from a professional printers or do it in the digital lab.

Hopefully by the end not only will I have built up a print portfolio but I'll have a direct comparison between traditional and digital.

Things to think about...

What will my images be? How many different types of printing will I use? Printroom drop-in times? What software will I need for digital? Cost? Timescales? etc...

No comments: