Wednesday 30 September 2009

Content

Although I still don't know the subject of my print content, I had initially planned on doing my own illustrations. But to be honest I think that will seriously distract me from the main focus of the brief which, for me, is the practical elements of printmaking.

I would love to be able to illustrate my own book. I can draw well, but I've never really sat down and tried to illustrate anything so I feel that that in itself would be a whole separate project on its own.

I want to keep it simple, I have a vision of the handmade print book being very aesthetically pleasing; romantic and pretty. So I was thinking that floral illustrations would tie in nicely? But there is absolutely no need for a book of drawings of flowers, I think it would lack come sort of purpose at the end.

The only solution I have been able to come up with is to utilise the work of another student - a collaboration. There are a lot of people doing photography for this brief so there's a chance that some of them are looking at or have already used nature as their subject. That way I can use the book as an exhibition space for their work, and also my approach to its presentation.

No comments: