Tuesday 30 March 2010

Festival Volunteering

As it's been over a month since I sent my references and passport copy off to Platform2, and I have yet to hear from them I thought it best to start planning my summer on the assumption that I will be residing in the UK.

So I have came up with a more than satisfactory Plan B: festivals! Me and my friend Sara are volunteering through Oxfam to work at Leeds Festival and Bestival! It's free to do (a deposit of £180 is required but you get that fully refunded a month after the festivals), you get your meals provided, and over the whole 5/6 day period you're only required to work 3 x 8 hour shifts. Perfect.

Leeds resides on the August bank holiday and Bestival 2 weeks later, thus giving me a slither of glimmering optimism through what I fear will be a soul destroying summer of full time call centre work. Win.

No comments: