Friday 23 October 2009

Print Induction at Blenheim Walk

I should have posted this last week really, but I've only just got round to scanning this screen print in. Basically the induction was really useful in the sense that I never realised that we don't have to walk all the way down to Vernon St just to do some lino/monoprinting/drypoint/etching (although you do have to go to Vernon St to prepare the copper plate), and they have drop in much more regularly which is awesome. Also, Blenheim offers some much more decorative techniques as they have to cater for printed textiles people; flocking and foiling are definitely on my to do list, along with screen printing onto fabric (at this point I think it's going to be the buckram for book covers).

The tedious part came when Gareth (he is so lovely) took us through the screen printing process and how it differs to Vernon St. Oh. My. Days. It takes so long. They're really big on health and safety at Blenheim as well so you have to kitted up with a lab coat, gloves, eye protection, ear protection and breathing aparatus JUST to prepare your screen. Brilliant.

No comments: