Tuesday 10 November 2009

Time Management

Such a useful exercise, it was a seriously dragged out workshop, but I'm not going to deny it was useful! Just seeing your days mapped out on a page is horrifying, half of the time I had massive wedges of the pie charts where I really couldn't remember what I'd done, it's worrying. I think, same as everyone really, that it was a definite reality check. Having a visual representation of the time you've wasted just makes you think "wow, I could have done this, this and this in that time and still had time to watch Diagnosis Murder..."

Since then I've spent 5 days at home so work hasn't been my main priority, but in the past few days I've began planning out my time more. I know with everything like this it's a fool proof plan for a few weeks and then you start to get lazy again, so every time I feel myself slipping into a routine procrastination I'll try the pie charts again - or at least thats the plan.

One thing I have committed to is a to do list. By carrying a notebook round with me permanently I have a constant reminder of what needs to be done. So far this has been extremely helpful, being able to cross something off the list is almost a sense of accomplishment - even if it is something as trivial as 'make contact lense appointment', if the little things are in order it's easier to keep the bigger things in order. Makes sense.

No comments: