Wednesday 20 January 2010

Framing

I've been thinking about my wall piece quite a lot recently and some of the practical aspects are proving problematic. I've got this amazing image in my head of what it's going to look like but I just didn't realise just how much work would be involved to actually make it work.

My main problem is finding a frame. I did originally consider simply having the cut outs elevated from a piece of mount board but the more I thought about it the shitter it seemed - the edges would be messy and you'd be able to see the construction a lot more, there's no thought behind it really. Then my plans moved onto acquiring a deep frame. It would automatically look more professional and the glass would provide a physical separation so that the methods of elevation would be less noticeable to the audience.

But college don't have any deep frames, and to try and locate one of the correct size within the next few days is just unrealistic and incredibly expensive. All the cool kids are raving about this new thing, I think they call it initiative? Yeah so I thought I'd jump on that bandwagon and give it a shot - I've got to admit I was on the fence about the whole thing at first but so far it's not been too shabby. Brace yourself.... I'M MAKING MY OWN FRAME. Boom. Thank you, and goodnight.


Yeah I feel so productive! Went and paid my friend on 3d design a visit and he introduced me to the technician, who by the way is a saint although I don't know his name and feel quite bad. Told him what I wanted and when I wanted it by and then I was sent on my merry old way! Ahhhh productivity is definitely the way forward.

No comments: