Thursday 28 January 2010

Illustration







Here are the final illustrations for my collections book. I definitely feel I have let myself down by setting my expectations too high for such a short period of time. I would have loved to have 10 drawings completed but I physically just can't draw fast enough! The most I could manage was 5, plus the illustration depicting the spine of the magazine. Up until now this was something I had never considered including however I think that by using this as a page of my book it will definitely help apply some context to it. I had previously toyed with the idea of including a short text narrative as an introduction on the first page but I really didn't want to have to explain my work - it should be able to stand it's own ground! I feel that this spine image does that in a way that does not detract away from the drawings.

Another thing that I've added to the drawings is the idea of the previous pages. By simply adding a small section of sporadic linear marks down one side of the page I have helped to strengthen the idea that my drawings are of magazine pages as objects, not as photographs. Even though it is only a relatively minor adjustment I think it definitely helps to cement the right idea in the mind of the reader.

No comments: